- The earliest country in the world where a carousel appeared was the Byzantine Empire. The carousel at that time was powered by a steam engine, which was driven by steam to rotate. Carousel is a kind of amusement game machine. There are seats decorated as a wooden horse and moving up and down on a large rotating platform.People can ride on it. The first steam carousel appeared in Europe in the 80s around 1860. At that time, the carousel amusement equipment was mostly enjoyed by the nobles. It became an exclusive amusement project for the nobles. It was not promoted throughout Europe until the end of the last century. Later, the electric carousel, which was successfully developed in the research, was called electric horses. The emergence of electric carousels is a milestone in the history of carousel development. After several years , the carousel has been spread all over the world and has also been loved and recognized by the people of the world. The carousel has been developed for many years. It has become an immortal work of amusement products.And now there are various carousels in various playgrounds, shopping malls and other places.
- The carousel has gorgeous decorations and glitters with brilliant lights. For children, a paradise playground is always so charming. They are happy to jump on their horses and follow the lights and music. The rotation of the disc, the ups and downs, the whirling and dancing, and the wind blowing from the ears made them scream happy and experience the feeling of running.
- The word carousel in English came from the Spanish Carosella. Its original meaning is combat training. In fact, the Crusaders mainly used it to describe a kind of horse riding training carried out by the Turks and Arab knights in preparation for the war of the twelfth century.
- The medieval knights were fully armed and sat on a manual circular wooden horse ring. Accompanied by bumps and undulations, they used a circle of drills to block, charge and assassinate. In this way, throughout the five dark centuries, the carousel trained several generations of knights. They fight for glory and love.
- Until the 17th century, someone in Europe used this training method as a children’s game. This also explains why the early carousel is exactly the same as the medieval knight’s mount in appearance and design. After the arrival of the steam age in the 18th century, the knights gradually withdrew from the stage of history. But the carousel amusement facility continued to grow and develop under the impetus of the steam engine and became the iconic facility of the theme park.
- Some people say that the carousel is a love game to witness two people who love each other. As long as two people who truly love each other sit on the carousel at the same time, the wooden horse will carry them to a perfect paradise. And their love will last forever. There are also people who say that love should be mutual. It is the courage of two walking hand in hand through a lifetime. Don’t be afraid of hardship. I personally don’t like carousel love, just like carousel, no matter how happy it is then, how sweet, he will always stop.What is left? Everyone walks on the way home alone, without anyone to accompany. Many people think that the carousel is a happy one. The meaning of the game, the carousel, is that chasing is a distance that cannot be touched by waiting. The people sitting on the carousel rotate back and forth, and can only see each other’s backs forever. The distance is so close, but they can’t be touched.
How does the merry gose round work (working principle)
- The carousel mainly applies the knowledge of centrifugal force in physics. When a person rides on a wooden horse and starts to rotate, there is a centrifugal force between the person and the wooden horse. The faster you turn, the more intuitive the feeling. There is a bit of an unstable center of gravity. This is because the centrifugal force is largely related to the speed.
- Since the frame of reference is a non-inertial frame, it will be affected by a centripetal force directed to the center of the circle from a car that is relatively stationary. But at the same time, it will also give the car a reverse force of equal magnitude from the center of the circle to the outside, as if there is no force. The car is about to be thrown out. This force is the so-called centrifugal force.
- The merry gose round is a typical product of the carousel-type large-scale amusement device. It is driven by a transmission mechanism to rotate the turntable around a vertical central axis. The rides on the turntable imitate horses making ups and downs at the same time. It is named after a group of rotating horses. It is equipped with a spectacular and gorgeous appearance that attracts tourists. The horses and carriages have traditional colors. And rich decoration, accompanied by music, lighting, make tourists jump up and down on horse.It is a stable and safe amusement facilities suitable for all ages. The carousel is mainly composed of a turntable, a ceiling, a Trojan horse, a driving mechanism, a transmission mechanism, and an operation console. The structure diagram is shown in Figure 1-1
Figure 1-1 Carousel
1-safety fence; 2-operation control room; 3-boom; 4 -crankshaft; 5-riding;6- bevel gear pair,cylindrical gear pair; 7-transmission
How much is a carousel？
The price of a merry-go-round generally ranges from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of millions.
- Carousel according to specifications:
Can be divided into: 3 seats, 6 seats, 8 seats, 12 seats, 16 seats, 24 seats, 36 seats, etc.
- The merry-go-round is divided up according to the operation mode:
Can be divided into: upper drive carousel, lower drive carousel
- The carousel is divided into the configuration:
Can be divided into: simple carousel, folding carousel, luxury carousel, double-layer carousel
- The price of the carousel varies according to differe